Easy Tuna Carbonara. It uses ingredients you most likely have on hand in your pantry, fridge, and freezer, so it's a great choice to make when you haven't been to the store for a while or if you're stranded due to weather or illness. authentic carbonara is made by partially cooked eggs but this is more of a PINOY STYLE carbonara. this is how we usually cook our tuna carbonara here in the Philippines, esp. at home. But if you do choose to eat carbonara in a restaurant, then you'll be getting the authentic one, more often than not. Great recipe for Easy Tuna Carbonara.
And knowing that aunthentic carbonara means no cream, I knew I was onto something and bam! Add DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce and pasta broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can cook Easy Tuna Carbonara using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Tuna Carbonara
- You need 250 g of spaghetti pasta.
- It’s 1 of bulb medium garlic.
- You need 2 of medium egg yolks.
- It’s 155 g of canned tuna flakes in oil.
- You need of Cheddar cheese, grated.
- It’s leaves of Dried basil.
- It’s to taste of Salt,.
- It’s of Olive oil.
Cook the pasta as per instructions and set aside. Why not try something new and add Tuna. Keyword: creamy carbonara, pinoy style carbonara, tuna carbonara, tuna carbonara recipe. Add the tuna flakes, make sure they are drained well.
Easy Tuna Carbonara step by step
- Cook the pasta as per instructions and set aside..
- While the pasta is cooking, mix together 2 egg yolks with grated cheddar cheese. You can put in as much cheddar as preferred, but for this recipe, I used enough just to allow the yolks to coat them evenly..
- Heat a wok or frying pan on high. Drizzle some olive oil..
- One the oil is hot enough, saute the garlic until aromatic. If your pan is hot enough, you should hear the garlic sizzle as soon as you put them in..
- Add your tuna flakes together with the oil. Saute well..
- One the tuna is aromatic, add in your cheese and yolk mixture. Stir well..
- You will notice that your mixture will become creamy and have a thick cream-like consistency..
- Add in your cooked pasta and mixed well. Sprinkle with dried basil as desired..
- Add in salt to taste..
- Enjoy your pasta! :).
Add DEL MONTE Carbonara Sauce and pasta broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Super quick, easy and tasty Tuna Carbonara can be put together in minutes and mainly uses store cupboard ingredients. Use spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine or tagliatelle. It's not very important, but the long strands of pasta pick up the sauce better when you stir it through.