Chuck Pot Roast with Baby Carrots & Baby Red Potatoes. But you can skip those and use quartered small red potatoes or tiny potatoes with the carrots. My family likes their roast with gravy. When the roast is done, I take out the carrots and roast and turn the soup into a gravy.
Add the roast, and cook until browned on each side. Place the vegetables on and around the roast. I love a good grass fed chuck roast cooked in a slow cooker with carrots, shallots and Herbs de Provence. You can cook Chuck Pot Roast with Baby Carrots & Baby Red Potatoes using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chuck Pot Roast with Baby Carrots & Baby Red Potatoes
- Prepare 1 of chuck pot roast.
- Prepare 1 (32 oz) of low sodium beef broth.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 2 of bay leafs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme leaves.
- Prepare 1 packet of onion soup mix.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1-1 lb of bag small baby carrots.
- You need 10-12 of small red potatoes.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery diced.
- It’s 1 of sliced onion.
This has become a Sunday favorite because I can prep the meal in the morning, come home from church, take a Sunday nap and wake up to a cooked dinner!. The Recipe: Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Shallots and Baby Carrots. Sprinkle roast with seasoned salt and lemon pepper to taste. Lay the meat on top of the vegetables.
Chuck Pot Roast with Baby Carrots & Baby Red Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven 375. Place chuck roast in roasting pan. Sprinkle all seasoning ingredients on top of roast. Add diced celery, onion and mushrooms..
- Add beef broth and water. Cover and place in over for 3 hours..
- Add carrots and potatoes and cook 1 hour. Remove from oven and use broth for gravy. Slice fresh tomatoes to add to plate with roast, potatoes and carrots… Enjoy..
Followed this recipe with a few modifications because I'm cooking for one. I salted the beef well and brought it to room temp before searing all sides in super hot pot. I cooked it with recipe ingredients (again, adjusted quantities). Instant Pot Pot Roast from Damn Delicious; Oven Pot Roast from Food Network; Tips for making the best roast. Use the right kind of meat.