A1 Shepherds pie. In a medium pot, cook frozen pearl onions in oil and butter (or margarine) until soft and slightly carmelized. Brown ground beef or turkey in a large frying pan until no longer pink – drain and return to pan.. Cook onions and brown the hamburger.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. An easy shepherd's pie made with lean ground beef has a light but flavorful layer of creamy mashed potatoes on top.. You can cook A1 Shepherds pie using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of A1 Shepherds pie
- Prepare 1 lb of hamburger.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of A1 sauce.
- You need 1 cup of Mexican blend cheese.
- It’s 2 (4 oz) of bouch mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 can of sweet peas.
- It’s 1 can of sweet corn.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
This is a very basic recipe so I added my own touch. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British. But since I'm Scottish, I thought I'd give it a unique twist to suit my ancestral tastes. The use of lamb, the smoky, heather taste of Guinness® Draught (Irish, I admit), and the topping of sharp Cheddar and smoked paprika give this version its unique, smoky-sweet flavor.
A1 Shepherds pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook onions and brown the hamburger.
- Drain then add A1 sauce and bring to simmer than move from heat.
- Make the mashed potatoes as the package instructs.
- Add corn and cheese to potatoes.
- Spoon hamburger mix into baking dish.
- Cover hamburger with a layer of peas than cover with potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes serve and enjoy.
Shepherd's pie is to the British as meat loaf is to Americans, so when I was a young child living in the U. K., I had it almost once a week. This is my go-to recipe when I'm longing for the sights and smells of my mother's kitchen. Simmer ground beef, onion and steak sauce then spoon it into a dish for this Cheesy Potato Pie. Top it with mashed potatoes for a hearty Cheesy Potato Pie.