Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce. You may be tempted to cut calories by How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible.
Take the potatoes out of the milk.. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly. Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer just keep the milk hot till potatoes are fork tender. You can have Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8
- Prepare 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- You need 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of cornstarch.
Take the potatoes out of the milk. In an oven safe dish spray the bottom and sides. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia You could make a double batch and have the mac the next night with baked chicken.
Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 step by step
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly..
- Heat the 3 cups of milk with the potatoes in it. Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer just keep the milk hot till potatoes are fork tender..
- Take the potatoes out of the milk..
- In an oven safe dish spray the bottom and sides with nonstick spray. Layer the bottom with a layer of sliced potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Add half the cheese..
- Then a layer of potatoes, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt and pepper to taste. Add the rest of the cheese..
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes..
- Add the sour cream to the 1/2 cup of milk and blend well..
- Pour sour cream milk mixture over the top..
- Put into oven for 80-90 minutes..
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
I will not make Au Gratin Potatoes from a box mix again! Arrange some of the potato slices, edges overlapping, in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Repeat all three layers one more time: sliced potatoes, white sauce, and shredded cheese. Arrange one layer of potatoes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. The terms scalloped potatoes and au gratin potatoes are often used interchangeably, but technically the difference between the two lies in the fact that scalloped potatoes should not have cheese.