Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes, carrots and celery that soak up all that flavor. A pot roast that can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that's left to do is picking up that bottle of wine to serve.
Mutti's Slow Cooker Pot Roast Recipe. This slow cooker pot roast recipe, aka Rinderschmorbraten im Langsamkocher, is so quick to put together in the morning. Use a beef rump roast or a chuck roast, well-trimmed of fat. You can cook Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️ using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️
- It’s 2 pound of Pot Roast Beef.
- Prepare as needed of Salt and Black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of onion (large), cut into large dice.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed.
- It’s 5 of carrots, peeled and cut into 1inch.
- You need 4 of celery stalks, cut into 4 cm.
- You need 250 ml of red wine.
- It’s 750 ml of beef broth.
- It’s 50 gr of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 750 g of potatoes, peeled and cut into 1inch.
A pot roast that can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that's left to do is picking up that bottle of wine to serve. The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes. Place beef pot roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with Lipton onion soup mix and garlic.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast ♥️ step by step
- Pat beef dry with paper towels. Sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper all over..
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Brown aggressively all over – a deep dark brown crust is essential for flavour base! Should take about 7 minutes.Transfer beef to slow cooker..
- In the same skillet, add onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until onion is browned. Add wine, reduce by half. Transfer to slow cooker..
- Mix together flour and about 1 cup of the broth. Lumps is fine. Pour into slow cooker..
- Add remaining broth, carrots, celery,oregano, rosemary and thyme into slow cooker..
- Cover and slow cook on LOW for 5 hours. Add potato, slow cook on LOW for 3 hours..
- Remove beef. Rest for 5 minutes, then slice thickly. Adjust salt and black pepper of Sauce to taste. Serve beef with vegetables and plenty of sauce!.
Take out pot roast and veggies, serve on platter. Place pot roast in greased slow cooker. Top with ranch dressing mix, gravy mix, pepperocini peppers, and pats of butter. That's when Italian pot roast in the crock pot (or Instant Pot) was born. If you want a dinner that's ridiculously easy to prepare but that will seriously impress your friends and family, this is it!