Onion soup au gratin. While the soup simmers, make the croutons. Lightly brush bread slices with olive oil. Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls and place bowls on baking sheet.
Top with remaining thyme for garnish. I think of warm, rich, soul-satisfying meals that are deeply flavorful and nourishing. I think of French Onion Soup. french onion soup au gratin – hard core classic. You can cook Onion soup au gratin using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Onion soup au gratin
- Prepare 2 dozen of Bermuda onions.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 11/2 quarts of strong beef stock.
- You need of Salt pepper Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Celery salt.
- It’s of Paprika.
French onion soup most is often a mixture of sliced onions and beef stock, toasted baguette topped with grated Comté cheese. Onion & Fennel Soup Gratin from Barefoot Contessa. <p>Heat the butter and oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. If the onions aren't browning, turn the… Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Onion soup au gratin instructions
- Peel onions under water slice thin fry in butter until brown.
- Add flour mixed with butter to onions.
- Add stock cook in double boiler.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and paprika.
Tonight we celebrated my wife Jackie's birthday dinner at the world famous Musso & Frank Grill in Hollywood. In a small bowl, stir the flour, broth, cream, salt and pepper until smooth; pour over onions. Arrange the French bread cubes over the surface of the soup, then place the cheese evenly on top of the bread. When cooking is complete, soup is ready to serve. Incorporate flour and let it brown, still stirring continuously.