Shepherd's pie. Find The Great Collection of Easy Making Recipes. Find Delicious and Healthy Recipes, Meal, Healthy Snacks & Cooking Techniques. Yes, shepherd's pie is predominantly thought of as Irish or British.
Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart. You can cook Shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- You need of Potatoes.
- It’s of Minced meat.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s of Onions.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- It’s of Peas and carrots.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need of Tomatoes paste.
Unlike other shepherd's pie recipes, this one calls for frozen vegetables instead of fresh and can be made the day before. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
Shepherd's pie step by step
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Here in the states we are more of a beef eating culture than a lamb eating one, and when one is served "shepherd's pie" here, it is most often made with ground beef. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato.