Instapot Pot Roast. This tasty pot roast is cooked in the Instant Pot® and combines beef chuck, red potatoes, carrots, and herbs. Classic Pot Roast—in less than an hour? Feast on perfectly seasoned, fall-apart-tender beef roast plus all the extras, like carrots, potatoes, onions and celery, in a fraction of the time it used to take.
I doubled the number of carrots and used a combination of orange, yellow, and purple. Added a small amount of granulated garlic to the salt and pepper seasoning of the meat before searing. Prepared the rest according to the recipe and it was delicious! You can have Instapot Pot Roast using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instapot Pot Roast
- You need 3 lb. of beef roast.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp. of Balsamic Vinegar.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 6-8 of red potatoes, quartered.
- Prepare 1 of small bag baby carrots.
- You need 1 of large white onion, halved and quartered.
- You need of Seasonings to taste: salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley.
BUT Instant Pot pot roast can be nearly the same and done in less time. For a person without access to an oven or who wants a quicker version, the Instant Pot is a great way to make roast beef. The Best Cut of Meat for Pot Roast. A great Instant pot beef roast starts with a good cut of beef.
Instapot Pot Roast step by step
- Season meat on both sides with seasonings of choice..
- Put oil in bottom of instapot and heat up on meat button/high heat..
- Once hot, sear the meat on both sides. You want to leave it on each side for about 3 minutes. Roast should come easily off bottom of pot..
- Once seared, pull out and set aside..
- To remaining oil add the beef broth, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Scrape bits off bottom of pot while mixing together..
- Place roast into sauce mixture. Seal instapot and cook on meat button with time adjusted to 55 minutes..
- Once finished release the steam, pull out roast and put aside..
- Leave juices in pot, do not drain!.
- Add potatoes, carrots and onion to pot..
- Place roast back on top. Mine was so tender it started to fall apart..
- Seal instapot and cook on vegetable button for 5 minutes. Release steam. Pull out meat and give veggies a good stir..
- Serve together or separate. I had mine with a little creamy horseradish. Enjoy!.
A Mississippi pot roast recipe made for your Instant Pot® gets its flavors from pepperoncini, ranch dressing mix, and onion soup mix. Instant Pot Pot Roast with tender beef, perfectly cooked potatoes and carrots, and a flavorful gravy. This simple pot roast recipe is so easy to make in your pressure cooker! It's the perfect family-friendly meal for Sunday dinner. Comfort food doesn't get much better than this Instant Pot Pot Roast.