Simple Crock pot Roast with Gravy. Scrumptious Crock Pot Recipes To Make Any Meal A Success With Kraft®, Try Today! It will become your go-to pot roast recipe! The best kind of meat for a pot roast is a boneless chuck roast.
This is my go-to recipe for pot roast on a busy weekday. It uses inexpensive cuts of meat, made posh by the slow cooker. After years of tweaking others' recipes, I think I found a good mix of high-quality pot roast while still being very quick and easy. You can have Simple Crock pot Roast with Gravy using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple Crock pot Roast with Gravy
- You need 1 can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom w/ Roasted Garlic Soup.
- You need 1 can of Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- Prepare 1 packages of dry onion soup mix.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped jalapeño pepper slices (from a jar).
- It’s 1 of 4-5 lb chuck tender roast.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of (optional) peeled potato chunks.
- Prepare 1 of (optional) baby carrots.
Crock Pot Roast with Gravy Recipe. Note: Scroll to the bottom of this post for a printable version of this recipe. For the gravy,melt the butter in a medium sized saucepan add the flour and make a paste. Add the roast liquid a little at a time while stirring,if the gravy is too thick and water until desired consistency is.
Simple Crock pot Roast with Gravy step by step
- Add the soups and dry onion soup mix to your crock pot. Stir to mix. (No need to dirty a bowl that will have to wash ☺).
- Chop the jalapeño slices. Sprinkle on top of soup mix..
- Salt and pepper the roast. Set on top of soup mixes and peppers..
- Cover and cook 10 hrs on low setting..
- To make this a full meal I add potato chunks and baby carrots 4 hrs into the cooking time. Then cover and continue to cook on low 6 more hrs..
This crock pot roast recipe is already naturally gluten and dairy free, just be sure to wash your vegetables and check your labels before serving to anyone with food allergies or sensitivities. If you want to get crazy and put a flavorful twist on this pot roast recipe, try adding a splash of barbecue sauce or salsa to the slow cooker before. Add your seasoned pork roast to the soup mixture. Shred meat with fork and stir into the gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles, as desired.