Savory Pot Roast. In a Dutch oven, brown roast in oil. In the drippings, saute onions and garlic until onions are tender. Remove roast to a serving platter and keep.
Think cooking chuck roast is a hassle? Fresh carrots, potatoes & tender meat simmer in tangy sauce for a dish that fits your meal plan. The price is determined by the national average.. You can have Savory Pot Roast using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Savory Pot Roast
- Prepare 3 lb of beef roast.
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- You need 4 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- You need 2 cup of beef broth or beef bouillon.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of lawry seasoning.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of beef rub cracked peppercorn.
- It’s 2 tbsp of finely ground red pepper.
Rub meat with horseradish and place in crock pot. Add other ingredients, except sour cream. If you are available, turn meat over, midway during cooking. Add remaining oil, carrots, celery, onion and garlic to pot.
Savory Pot Roast instructions
- Get a crockpot.
- Cut the beef roast into 3 large pieces and rub the 3-4 tbs (or until its completely covered) beef rub of cracked peppercorn on the beef..
- Put 6 cups of water into the crockpot.
- Put the beef roast into crockpot.
- Cut the potatoes, carrots, lemon, and onion into large pieces then put them into crockpot with the beef roast..
- Put the 2 cups of beef broth into crockpot over previous ingredients. Make sure the meat is covered..
- Add all the seasoning over the crockpot ingredients..
- You may want to add more than 3 Tablespoons of each of the seasonings. Depends how much seasoning you want..
- Cook everything covered in crockpot for 5-7 hours on high..
- Once the beef roast easily falls apart with a fork and is not pink it should be done..
- Also double check the potatoes and carrots that they are soft..
- If you want to make the juice into a gravy put desired amount into a pot boiling starting out with 1/4 cup flour or until desired consistency..
- Pull the beef apart with a fork serve with the other contents. Pour gravy over the top and enjoy!.
Add tomatoes, wine, broth, thyme, and rosemary and heat to a boil. The slow cooker is the perfect way to cook this Savory Pot Roast recipe. Combining the roast with some flavorful vegetables and a few on-hand ingredients yields mouthwatering results. Cream of mushroom soup provides the base for what turns into a rich and flavorful gravy. Put it together in the morning, and when it's time […] Wow, this is good!