Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie. Heat avocado oil in a very large skillet over medium-high heat. In this easy shepherd's pie recipe, we keep the carbs in check by using creamy mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes. The ground beef filling is cooked in the same skillet used for baking the pie, making assembly (and cleanup) a breeze.
If you are a meat and potato lover, Shepherd's Pie has to be one of the very best casserole dishes. Tips for Making Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower Make it dairy-free: substitute vegan butter and dairy-free cream cheese and omit the grated cheese. This Mashed Cauliflower Shepherd's Pie is a lightened up, yet hearty version of the classic comfort food, using mashed cauliflower in place of potatoes. You can cook Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie
- You need 1 lb of grass fed beef.
- You need 1 head of cauliflower.
- Prepare 2 cup of carrots chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1 cup of mushroom.
- It’s 3 of celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
This comforting meal is a wonderful cold weather dish that's simple to make. The recipe is free of gluten, grains, and dairy. To make the topping, drain the cooked cauliflower. Puree or mash using a blender, food processor, or potato masher (by hand) until smooth.
Cauliflower mashed shepherd's pie step by step
- Prepare mashed cauliflower.
- Brown meat.
- Sauteed veggies.
- Add meat and veggies together add broth and paste simmer.
- Layer meat mixture in pan and mashed cauliflower on top sprinkle cheese and bake at 350 until bubbling and cheese has a nice crisp to it..
Low-Carb Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Mash. A low-carb shepherd's pie topped with simple mashed cauliflower and cheese is a great healthy winter dish. Mashed potatoes, which normally adorn Shepherd's Pie, are high in carbs so we replaced the potatoes with cauliflower for a low-carb swap everyone will love. Still creamy and buttery, you'll barely. In a large pot, steam or boil cauliflower until tender.