Mincemeat Pie. Great Healthy homemade Recipes With Homemade Ingredients. Learn The Best Collection of Recipes & Dishes From Our Professional Chefs. This pie has no meat in it (it's a 'mock' mincemeat pie).
Mincemeat is a classic pie flavor that traditionally contains fruit, pecans, brandy and citrus zest. Mincemeat is a mixture of currants, raisins, sugar, apples, candied citrus peel, spices. Paired with apples and brandy in this recipe, it's a delicious holiday dessert pie. You can have Mincemeat Pie using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mincemeat Pie
- Prepare of Stuffings.
- It’s 1 can of Jam.
- Prepare 16 of Rasberries.
- You need of Pastry.
- Prepare 375 grams of Plain Flour.
- You need 260 grams of butter.
- It’s 125 grams of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 cup of Milk (add more if needed).
- It’s of Icing Sugar.
According to The Christmas Encyclopedia, mincemeat pie — also commonly referred to as mince pie or Christmas pie — originated in medieval England. After knights returning from the Crusades came back with spices in-tow, they became common ingredients of the dish along with minced bits of meat (from a range of animals), suet, apples, sugar, raisins, and molasses. Mincemeat or mince pie is a British delicacy for the holiday season that traces back to the kings and queens of the Middle Ages, or even earlier. The recipe was developed as a way to preserve meat, such as mutton or beef, without salt or smoke.
Mincemeat Pie instructions
- Place the flour and Sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Take the butter and chop it roughly into cubes.
- Add the butter to the flour and sugar and rub together using your fingertips until you find it to be in a crumbly consistancy..
- Now add the milk and mix together until it looks fairly like a dough..
- Tip it out on a lightly floured surface and mix until it all comes together.
- Preheat the oven @ 200-220°C or @ gas 7..
- Using a Round cutter(around 10cm), cut 16 bases and spread them out in a muffin tray.
- Fill the base 3/4 of jam and put a berry on top :).
- Re-roll the pastry and cut out 7cm lids, then press the sides of the base and the lid together to seal..
- Mark an X on top of the pies and Bake them for 15-20 mins or until golden brown..
- Leave them to cool down for about 2-5 mins before taking them out of thier trays or else they'll fall apart..
- Sprinkle with icing sugar, Serve and Enjoy!.
Put filling in unbaked pie shell and place pastry on top. Crimp edges and poke several holes in top pastry. Brush top with cream and sprinkle with sugar. A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called "mincemeat", that is traditionally served during the Christmas season in much of the English-speaking world. Mincemeat is a traditional English treat that is usually used as filling for mince pies during Christmas, but it tastes great mixed with vanilla ice cream, as well.