Quick Shepherd's Pie. A very delicious and quick Shepherd's Pie recipe. I used my own frozen corn and peas and added fresh carrots, diced. Will make this recipe again. gunslinger.
Gather the family round with this quick and easy shepherd's pie recipe. The meat mixture can be made ahead and frozen. You can also substitute instant potatoes for the real thing if you're in a hurry. You can cook Quick Shepherd's Pie using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Quick Shepherd's Pie
- It’s 3 of Potatoes (big).
- You need 500 grams of Chicken Breasts.
- You need 100 grams of Peas.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes (medium).
- It’s 3 of sliced cheese.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Red Chilli Powder.
- It’s 6 of Garlic Cloves (diced).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Olive Oil.
- It’s 6 of Pepper Cloves (diced).
- You need 50 of Butter.
I especially love to use white cheddar in this recipe! This quick easy Shepherds Pie recipe is one of my favorite easy one pot recipes. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.
Quick Shepherd's Pie step by step
- Boil potatoes (put a pinch of salt in the water while boiling).
- Boil and shred the chicken (add a little salt).
- Boil peas.
- Chop tomatoes.
- Add olive oil to a skillet.
- Add tomatoes, salt (enough to make the tomatoes soft), peas..
- Let the peas cook till medium soft, mash them a little and keep aside..
- Marinate the boiled chicken in red chilli powder, salt, pepper powder, garlic paste. Put it in the fridge for as long as you want (I left it for 4 hours).
- Mash the potatoes with some butter.
- Grease the insides of a microwave safe bowl with butter.
- Place the peas mixture at the bottom, layer it with the chicken marinade, top it off with the mashed potatoes. Then place the cheese slices..
- Place the bowl in the microwave and use the baked potato setting to cook. If you don't have that setting don't worry, just cook it on convection for 5-7 minutes or u til the cheese starts to brown..
Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! Plus, this savory, comfort food classic is easy […] That being said, I love me a good "cheat" meal like this Easy Shepherd's Pie. Add a side salad and you're good to go! Looks like you spent hours in the kitchen creating a gourmet meal when in reality, you spent very little time whipping it up.