Carley's Cottage Pie. Fry mince until brown, add onion and leek, leave to sweat down. add herbs. Add boiling water to gravy granules, make sure your mix is thick. Transfer into an oven proof dish.
It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide. You can have Carley's Cottage Pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Carley's Cottage Pie
- It’s of mince mix.
- Prepare 1 lb of mince.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- It’s 1 of boiling water.
- You need 1 of gravy granules (bisto).
- You need 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 of dried/fresh herbs, to taste.
- You need 1 of dried/fresh parsley, to taste.
Here is how you cook it. Gently fry the steak and onions in olive oil until the steak browns. Add the swede and carrot, tomato puree, stock, bay leaf and parsley. Great recipe for Carley's Cottage Pie. easy and delicious, also could be prepared the previous day for a busy schedule 😀 Cottage Pie is a proper British classic!
Carley's Cottage Pie instructions
- Put potatoes in pan to boil, about 20-30 mins..
- Fry mince until brown, add onion and leek, leave to sweat down. add herbs..
- Add boiling water to gravy granules, make sure your mix is thick. Transfer into an oven proof dish..
- Mash potatoes when cooked, add milk, butter, garlic butter and parsley..
- Grill until mash is crispy, then place in oven for 15-20 mins..
You just can't beat comfort food at this time of the year. There's nothing better than snuggling up after a dinner full of carby, meaty, gravy covered goodness. At first I was sceptical to how it would taste due to the lack of herbs. The food is great – good, solid, home-made dishes. Our favorites include the cottage pie, pulled pork sandwich, quesadilla, prime-rib sandwich (Fridays only), and fish & chips.