Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. Shepherds Pie Stuffed Peppers Recipe Tips. Cut the tops off of the peppers horizontally about a half-inch from the top, then remove the seeds and membranes. For the full jack o' lantern look, keep the tops to pop back on top of the peppers later.
Cooking the peppers in boiling water – or blanching – softens them before stuffing. Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers I wanted stuffed peppers for dinner today, hubby wanted shepherd's Pie.. why not both? Jack O'Lantern Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers – Turn heads for Halloween with an easy, tasty beef and veggie mix topped with cheesy mashed potatoes stuffed into ghoulish peppers. You can have Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of large potatoes, diced large.
- You need 1/2 cup of light cream (or milk).
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare of Meat mixture.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of frozen peas.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen corn.
- You need 1 of carrot, diced small.
- Prepare 1 of celery, diced small.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 lb of extra lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cornstarch ( this is a thickner).
- It’s 4 of large bell pepper, cored and cleaned.
Here is how you do it. Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers. You need of salt and pepper. Though traditionally made with lamb, we prefer ground beef, and, HOMEMADE.
Shepherd's Pie Stuffed Peppers step by step
- In a pot, boil potatoes, drain then add cream, butter and salt and pepper and mash. (You can use boxed mashed potatoes, but I always prefer fresh and homemade).
- In a separate pan, sautee ground beef with onions and garlic until no longer pink, add the carrots and celery and cook 2 min.
- Add the frozen corn and peas,then Add tomato paste and stir together to incorporate, then add the cornstarch and mix..
- Add worcestershire and beef broth and mix together until mixture thickens a bit. (Add salt and pepper if needed).
- Stuff the bell pepper with meat mixture, top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle top with cheese..
- Place on baking sheet and bake in 400°F oven for 15 min, the place under broiler for 3 min to brown tops. Enjoy! 😉😊.
My husband has never had stuffed peppers in his life and loved them, actually went back for seconds. They both tried a taste of the pepper, which made mom happy. Shepherd's Pie Recipes. and veggies, stuffed peppers hold their own as a meal. But blistered, bursting-with-filling stuffed peppers taste even better with sides that complement their flavors. Scrub and pierce potatoes; rub with oil.