Pot Roast. Salt and freshly ground black pepper. I usually make a pot roast in the slow cooker, but the Instant Pot made the meat so tasty," reviewer Lela says. "My family wants me to make pot roast with this recipe from now on." Directions. Pot roast is the perfect Sunday supper.
Perfect for pot roast recipes, inexpensive chuck is one of the most flavorful cuts of beef. Simmering it slowly and gently in the oven results in a wonderfully tender pot roast. Vegetables like onions and potatoes give the pot roast recipe from Martha Ste Pot roast is one of my absolute favorite meals, and once you figure out the secret to making a good roast, there's no going back! You can cook Pot Roast using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 1 of good sized Chuck Roast.
- It’s 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of beef broth.
- You need 1 envelope of ranch dip mix.
- You need 1 of water.
- You need of salt, pepper, garlic powder.
I want you to embrace the pot roast, my friends! Pot roast, when made according to a few fundamental rules, can be a totally delicious addition to your repertoire. Pot roast is also steeped in nostalgia, and many people's favorite recipe is the one they grew up eating every Sunday night. But if you're looking for a new recipe, one to create your own traditions with, I cooked my way through four of the most popular ones to find the very best.
Pot Roast instructions
- Warm a pot with a bit of oil in bottom..
- Season Chuck roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder and sear on both sides..
- Add beef broth, cream of mushroom soup and ranch mix along with 3 cans of water….(I used beef broth can for water).
- Bring to boil and then turn down temp to medium low to wear it is barely bubbling and let cook until roast is tender..
Any type of beef roast that contains a lot of connective tissue is a good candidate for pot roast. At low-and-slow cooking temperatures, connective tissue releases gelatin, infusing both the meat and the cooking liquid with rich, juicy flavor. CAN I PUT A FROZEN ROAST INTO A SLOW COOKER? The USDA recommends always thawing meat before adding it to the slow cooker or Crockpot. It also says the best way to thaw meat is in the refrigerator, in cold water, or in the microwave.