Quick Beef Shepherd Pie. Find The Great Collection of Easy Making Recipes. Find Delicious and Healthy Recipes, Meal, Healthy Snacks & Cooking Techniques. Although in England shepherd pie is always made with ground lamb (hence shepherd in the name) and cottage pie is made with ground beef.
Shepherd's pie is a minced meat pie traditionally made with a flavorful gravy, mashed potatoes, veggies, and ground lamb (hence, the word "shepherd" in the title.) Technically , a shepherd's pie made with ground beef is called "cottage pie" and a pie made with lamb is called shepherd's pie. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise. You can cook Quick Beef Shepherd Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Beef Shepherd Pie
- Prepare 1 lb of 80/20 or higher Ground Beef.
- You need 1/2 of large Zucchini.
- You need 1/4 of medium onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of what ever other veggies you have.
- It’s 1 of I used fresh corn.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 packages of instant potatoes /make your own.
- You need of salt n pepper.
- Prepare pinch of ground cumin & coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of chili flakes.
In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the gravy, vegetables, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Most recipes for any Shepherd's Pie say use beef or lamb. That said, I made this version because it was fast and easy and I didn't have time for a more complicated recipe.
Quick Beef Shepherd Pie instructions
- Chop all veggies to a small dice even in size then in a sauté pan with a Lil oil sear them til tender not fone all the way.I used brown butter with sage!.
- Put into bottom of the Pyrex and in the same pan start your beef,cook til just done don't over cook.
- While that's cooking get your water on for potatoes, when done set aside. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer your beef on top of the veggies then your potatoes on top of that.
- Bake for 20 min or till it begins to bubble..let sit for a few minutes.
Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Add the onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, garlic, half the salt, and oregano. A rich, well-seasoned, nicely browned shepherd's pie is one of the world's great comfort food dishes. It's a simple meat stew, spread in a shallow baking dish, covered with mashed potatoes and baked until the whole thing is hot and bubbly, the top golden, crispy around the edges.