Eggplant Gratin. Next, add a second layer of eggplant. A delicious eggplant gratin where eggplant is stuffed with tomatoes and bell peppers and baked in a creamy cheese sauce with feta and herbs. In a large bowl, toss together the eggplant rounds, tomatoes, lemon zest, thyme, garlic, and ¼ cup of olive oil.
Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan (Eggplant Gratin), is a tasty casserole loaded with fresh eggplant, melted cheese, garlic, herbs, and marinara sauce. An easy to make baked casserole with the flavors of Southern France and Italy. It doesn't matter whether you call it eggplant parmesan or eggplant gratin!. You can cook Eggplant Gratin using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggplant Gratin
- Prepare 1 of large eggplant.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and salt to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of marinara sauce, I used mine available in my profile or in search.
- You need 12 slices of pepperoni.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated romano cheese, divided use.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of italian seasoning spice blend.
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, such as franks brand.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, sliced.
- You need 1/2 cup of italian four cheese blend, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
This is a delicious dish that is low carb, keto-friendly, and has no added sugar. One of the BEST Eggplant recipes ever is right here! This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere cheese and baked until bubbly perfection.
Eggplant Gratin step by step
- Spray a baking dish with non stick spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Peel eggpant and slice crosswise into 1 inch slices.
- Add pepperoni to large non stick skillet and cook on medium low until crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove and save for later.
- Season slices with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in the skillet the ppepperoni was cooked in. Non stick is important to pan roasting the eggplant with very little oil. On medium heat cook eggplant slices on both sides until golden and tender. Resist the thought that you need more oil, for best flavor you want them almost dry roasted in the skillet.
- While that is vooking whisk together in a bowl the ricotta cheese, egg, cream, 1/4 cup romano cheese, hot sauce , 1/4 teaspoon pepper and Italian seasoning. Blend well. Set aside.
- Add a thin layer of marinara sauce to the prepared baking dish.
- Layer cooked eggpant, slightly overlapping in dish.
- Cover with remainig marinara sauce.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture evenly over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons romano cheese and the italian four cheese blend.
- Add reserved pepperoni slices on top of cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
It's a recipe you'll be making over and over again! Pour the eggplant and tomato mixture into the eggplants and top each with the remaining gratin topping. Sprinkle the mozzarella over the top. Bake, uncovered, until the eggplants are tender and. Spoon a layer of sauce over the eggplant and sprinkle with basil and Parmesan.