Silky Carbonara. In Rome, chef Barbara Lynch ate the perfect carbonara: The sauce was bright yellow from fresh eggs, and each rigatoni hid cubes of fatty guanciale. Be the first to rate and review this recipe. The word carbonara is derived from carbonaro (the Italian word for "charcoal burner").
It's a simple gnocchi version of the tried and true lemon carbonara. Place a large pan on medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in oan and cook bacon until dark brown and crispy. You can have Silky Carbonara using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Silky Carbonara
- Prepare 350 g of fresh fettuccine.
- You need 4 pieces of thick cut smoked bacon.
- It’s of olive oil.
- You need 4 of large egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 of large handfuls finely grated parmesan.
- You need 125 ml. of heavy cream.
- It’s of salt & pepper.
Pasta with carbonara sauce is a fundamentally simple and easy dish, made by coating pasta in a rich, creamy sauce of eggs, cheese, pork, and black pepper. The challenge is in combining the right ingredients for a sauce with a perfectly silky texture, and not accidentally scrambling those eggs in the process. A carbonara sauce is typically made with bacon, eggs, and cheese. We've added a little half-and-half for a silky texture.
Silky Carbonara instructions
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of water..
- Mix yolks, 1 handful parmesan and cream in a bowl. Season with salt & pepper..
- Chop bacon into lardons. Place a large pan on medium-high heat. Heat olive oil in oan and cook bacon until dark brown and crispy..
- Add cooked pasta to bacon and remove from heat. Add 1 cup reserved pasta water and toss well..
- Add yolk, parmesan & cream mixture. Toss well. Do not reheat or eggs will scramble..
- Toss in the rest of the parmesan. Season to taste. Serve immediately..
Chicken Carbonara – It's everything you love about carbonara! Lots of bacon, cheese, that silky sauce, all tossed with perfectly al dente pasta and chicken. With detailed instructions for making the perfect carbonara, you will feel like a professional chef at the end of this ridiculously easy meal. Bacon, eggs & Parmesan. loosening with splashes of the pasta cooking water until you have a silky sauce. Make sure the pan isn't too hot otherwise the eggs will scramble.