Smoked tri tip. Reverse seared like a boss, this tri-tip is everything a steak should be: juicy, flavorful, and addicting. Smoked Tri Tip is so flavorful, juicy, and when cooked correctly, incredibly tender and delicious. I'll teach you how to smoke tri tip like a pro!
Rub surface of tri tip with the oil, and then generously apply the rub to both sides of the meat. Smoked tri tip can be flavored in various ways such as Sante Fe style, sweet and spicy, teriyaki, cajun and so many more spice combinations to choose from. Tri tip is an excellent choice for smoking. You can cook Smoked tri tip using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked tri tip
- You need 4 lbs of tri tip.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of garlic powder.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper.
Let us discuss how to smoke a tri tip roast to create fabulous smoked beef. Place tri tip into the smoker. If you have one, insert a probe to monitor temperature. The cut is often labelled as a Santa Maria steak, in addition to being called tri tip and triangle roast.
Smoked tri tip instructions
- Baste tri tip with olive oil. Mix all dry ingredients then rub into meat and let set for 1 hour..
- Get smoker to temperature of 225 and cook for 2 hours..
- Once off grill, wrap with foil and let rest for 10 minutes..
For smoking, it's best to choose one that still has a decent layer of fat still remaining. Introducing Smoked Tri-Tip from Derek Wolf at Over the Fire Cooking. Smoked tri-tip is an essential for any backyard griller. All you will need is a grill that can smoke, some Cowboy Charcoal and the recipe below to get started. Smoked tri-tip is on of my favorite beef cuts to smoke when I am looking for a steak-like texture and flavor.