Brad's cottage pie. Brad's cottage pie step by step. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Make sure the pie is completely cold, then cover it well with cling film and freeze.
Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. Warming to the tips of your toes, a comforting dish of cottage pie is one of the best things about Make it special with Mary Berry's dauphinoise topped cottage pie, or keep it simple with James. Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. You can cook Brad's cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's cottage pie
- It’s of the veggies.
- You need 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- It’s 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- It’s 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare of the meat.
- You need 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- It’s of the potatoes.
- It’s 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- You need 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- You need 4 tbs of butter.
- You need of milk.
- You need to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- It’s 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
If you use lamb … Brad's cottage pie guidelines. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Great recipe for Brad's sheppards pie. This is very similar to my cottage pie recipe.
Brad's cottage pie instructions
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
The main difference is that cottage pie has beef, sheppards pie has lamb or goat. I used both lamb and beef. And of course added my own little twist to keep away from main stream dining. this was a giant hit at. It's one of those technical differences between lamb vs. beef. This is almost a food group on it's own if you think about it.